1. In the one true God who created the entire universe, and everything seen and unseen. He created man and woman in His own image (Genesis 1:1, 1:26).
2. He is all knowing, all loving and all powerful (Proverbs 15:3, 1 Samuel 2:3, 4:20,
1 John 4:6 and Joshua 4:24).
3. We believe in the Triune God, three Persons in One – God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit. The Triune God is to be glorified, honored and praised (Genesis 1:26; John 10:30, 11:4, 12:28, 16:15; Matthew 3:16; and Romans 1:21).
4. The Triune God is alone worthy of all praise and worship. In prayer, meetings, work, and social gatherings, we take special time to acknowledge his wondrous characteristics and acts (Colossians 3:16).
5. All have sinned and turned to their own way in disobedience to God (Romans 3:23).
6. Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, fully human and fully God. Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah who paid the penalty for our sins by dying on the cross. God the Father raised him from the dead and he is our living Lord (Romans 5:6-10).
7. The only way to have a personal relationship with God and live with him forever is to trust Jesus as Savior. We must repent of sin (wrongdoing) and make Jesus the Lord (leader) of our lives (Romans 10:9-10 and Luke 13:3).
8. God’s plan of salvation is a free gift through his grace and it cannot be earned or purchased (Acts 15:11 and Ephesians 2:8-9).
9. Jesus Christ is the head of his Body, the Church, which is composed of all people, living
and dead who have joined in him through saving faith. He is head of Christian Library
International (Colossians 1:18).
10. Jesus Christ will come again to earth and every knee will bow and every voice proclaim that He is Lord (Revelation 19:9-16 and Romans 14:11).
11. The Bible is the infallible word of the one, true living God (2 Timothy 3:16-17 and
1 Thessalonians 2:13).
12. The two greatest commandments given to us by Jesus Christ are “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40). We love God and endeavor to show a Christ-like love to all people. Love should be exhibited in our lives by our words as well as our actions.
13. Because of our love of God and our neighbor, Christian Library International wishes to fulfill Jesus’ command to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20).
14. The Holy Spirit indwells those who belong to Christ and he conforms them to His image (Acts 2:38).
15. In the equality and essential dignity of men and women of all races, ethnicities, ages and classes. We recognize that all persons are made in the image of God and are to reflect that image and use their God-given gifts in the community of believers, in the home and in society for the glory of God (Galatians 3:26-4:7 and Romans 12:4-8).
16. We do not adhere to any one denomination but recognize the Holy Spirit’s movement and blessing in many different Christian churches and in the individual believer
(Ephesians 4:11-13 and 1 Corinthians 12:4-14).